The increasing popularity of THC oil is easily related to it being a revolutionary alternative for smokers all over the world. This is because THC oil has proven to have many advantages over smoking. Over the past years, THC oil for vape devices have become a popular consumption method. However, if you do not have a medical marijuana card or you do not live in one of the states where cannabis is legal and can be purchased recreationally, you may not be able to get your hands on high-quality THC oil.
If you do, then you can find THC oil at any cannabis store. Although, THC oil can be incredibly expensive, although its benefits are worth every penny. Regardless, you can also learn how to make vape oil and be able to whip up a batch anytime you please.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make THC oil:
- 5-6 grams of high-quality cannabis bud (make sure it is finely chopped before you begin)
- Cheese cloth
- Two large mason jars
- A pot for boiling
- Propylene glycol
- High proof (190+) grain alcohol
- A pyrex bowl or aluminium foil and a baking sheet
- Blunt tip syringes (if you want exact measurements)
To protect your skin you will need rubber gloves which you would have on throughout the process.
Next are the steps you will follow to make THC oil:
- First, you want to place your finely chopped 5-6 grams of cannabis bud into the pyrex bowl. Afterwhich, you place the bowl in an oven and bake for about 15 minutes at 225-250 degrees fahrenheit. If you are using aluminium foil and a baking sheet, then you do the same. Once you take them out from the oven, they’ll be dry and brownish.
- Next, you add the dry, brownish and crispy cannabis bud to your mason jar and pour alcohol in. Avoid using rubbing alcohol, rather, EverClear or Alcohol will do just fine. The alcohol you pour in should be enough to submerge the cannabis bud completely.
- For this part, you may want to open up a window so that where you are working will be free of vapor and not choked up. Add about 3.5-4 inches of water into the pot. Place the mason jar filled with alcohol and your submerged cannabis bud inside the pot. Bring the water in the pot to a low boil. While it boils, you want to constantly stir the cannabis bud inside the mason jar. This will help to evaporate some of the excess alcohol. As you continue to stir, the cannabis bud gets darker. Once it is dark, remove the pot from heat and let it cool.
Once all the excess alcohol has evaporated and your bud and alcohol mixture has cooled off, you then need the cheese cloth to help filter out the plant fibers from the oil. You can use any other item that can do the job.
- To do this, you have to cover your second mason jar with the cheese cloth and then slowly pour in the bud and alcohol mixture from the first mason jar into the second. This allows the cheese cloth to catch all the plant fibers. While doing this, the mixture may be thick and as a result, it may be stuck to the bottom of the jar. You will need a knife or fork to get them all out of the jar.
- Once you are done sifting, you need to squeeze the cheese cloth with the cannabis buds in it until every last drop is out and into the second mason jar. The result should be a clean brown liquid.
- You are almost done. Next, in your second mason jar that is now filled with the clean brown liquid, you need to add a bit of water and then place the jar back into the pot. You’re going to leave it to boil until there is about 5ml of liquid left in the mason jar. You can use the blunt tip syringes to measure and make sure you have the exact amount.
- Lastly, you add 20mg of propylene glycol to the mason jar and remove the jar from the pot.
- Using the syringes, you need to extract the liquid from the mason jar and store in dropper bottles so you can easily fill your vape devices.
While websites like flavorah.com market high-quality ingredients for vape juice, you can also find some of these ingredients that you need to make your own THC oil. Once you have everything ready, you can go ahead and enjoy your THC oil. If you are running out, the process is simple and straightforward enough for you to easily whip up another batch so that the fun never dies.